Free Society

I have a strong recollection, a reclaiming of an understanding I once had of Free Society, what it meant to me, or what I perhaps desired it to mean. There is no purpose in detailing that particular misnomer here, or hereafter. What good is a qualifier of life and its defining motivators if one has no real tangible discernment of such? My travels here, my travels with the National Kosovo Ballet in particular have in their part helped supplant an image of Free Society, an image however in all of its inherent obfuscation. I know only of the universal want to ‘be’ in a place on ones own volition, to have decided for oneself that they have created the capacity therein for happiness in that particular place. To then, when these qualifiers fail, uproots oneself and go forth into the unknown extremities of the world, to seek the characteristics of place and ‘keep’ which may indeed satisfy them. That is then an intrinsic element of Free Society, placement and movement of will and person, to decide the tangible and intangible ‘what’ and ‘where’.

The dance company on the bus to Pravets, at sunset.
Teuta and a fellow dancer about to embark on stage.
Teuta on stage performing Juliet No Romeo.
A selection of the performance.
A border guard collecting passports and Kosovar visas.
Teuta looking through her Kosovar passport.