Pre-departure Post

Now that it is getting closer to our departure date, I’ve been trying more and more to picture what it is all going to be like when I get off the plane and walk out of the airport. But I still can’t seem to pinpoint any specific feelings that I might have. I really don’t know what to expect. I’m a little nervous, but an excited to be traveling to a new place kind of nervous, and very eager to arrive and really get a sense of the atmosphere there.

In some of the last few years, there have been some frightening news articles published about the problems in Kosovo, but I think the articles that are still being published about that aren’t truly current with what is happening in Kosovo today. I think those articles might be stuck on events from the past. Kosovo just celebrated a year without a single murder, which is quite an accomplishment, and from other things that I’ve learned in our trip preparations, I’m much more excited to go and learn about this place and culture than I am frightened of it.