My Work

Though I am a photo student at RIT, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to documentary work, and that’s exactly why I took this class-to learn something completely out of my comfort zone.

When I came to RIT, I initially assumed I wanted to specialize in fashion photography, but the sexist and obnoxious ways we advertise things quickly pushed me away from wanting to pursue that sort of career, and I decided maybe I should switch to fine art photography. Before making the official decision to switch, I decided to take one fine art class, along with one advertising class just to make sure I make the right choice. Though I really liked the work I made in the fine art class, I was much more fond of the ad class once I discovered food photography.

After I became vegan in 2014 (after being a vegetarian since 2007) I became obsessed with cooking and food as a whole, but I never really thought of turning that love into a career. The ad class opened up the door for me, and I’ve officially decided to specialize in food photography. Now I am in the process of starting a vegan food blog with my sister, showcasing my work along with sharing recipes with the world.

In my spare time I don’t only like to photograph food, but I also create dark, fictional narratives responding to humans unique relationship with nature. My narrative inspiration comes from natural landscapes around me, which have a mysterious or uncanny aura about them, along with horror stories and the sense of the unknown.

Image from "Despondency" Series
Image from Despondency Series
Image from "Despondency" series
Image from “Despondency” series
Image from "Uncanny" series
Image from “Uncanny” series
Image from "Uncanny" series
Image from “Uncanny” series