Prishtina is great!

Long before I arrived to Prishtina, I had already developed the preconceived notion that Kosovo was a war stricken country burdened with constant crime and corruption and was no place for an American to live. Upon my arrival, I quickly came to the realization that my idea of the place couldn’t be further from the truth. The people here love Americans, and they have a genuine interest of who we are and where were from. Over my years I have visited many countries and lived in a couple as well, but I cannot recall being exposed to a culture quite as welcoming as this one. The friendliness of the people is something I notice everyday, and coming from Florida that was not something I would see very often especially from strangers. The over mentality here seems to be very relaxed and there is an honest caring for one another.

One of the things I enjoy most here in Prishtina is the food! Not only is it extremely inexpensive, it is also very organic and unmistakably delicious. So far I have been eating out for almost every meal and each restaurant I go to never ceases to impress me. I can feel my body being cleansed from all the processed food that America practically its citizens to eat, and now with a recently acquired gym membership I will soon be in the best shape of my life. Last but not least, the weather and landscape here in Kosovo is to die for. Again since I am from Florida I have been accustomed to enduring extreme heat and humidity. The weather here in Kosovo has served a relief from Florida’s severely hot summers. But besides the weather the landscape here is breathtaking. Luscious green mountains can be seen touching the sky from all views, and the variety in plants and trees is something I am not used to seeing. I very much look forward to my stay here Preshtina for the next couple of years, and for my experience in this country to both broaden my perception and to evolve myself as a human being.