Trust your work

As a poem by Nayyirah Waheed reads: Trust your work.

This experience has been one to remember, both culturally and professionally. While in Prishtina, I have had the opportunity to work as an intern with Prishtina Insight, as a journalist. As a reporter, I saw first-hand the impact of my work (an article highlighting UNMIK human rights violations, which is currently one of the top articles on the site, and an article about animal rights, that saw a petition go from 3,000 to over 90,000 in the two days following our article being published).

Furthermore, I have had the opportunity to work with Kosovo 2.0, publishing a freelance piece, and establishing the potential for a future partnership. Beyond my work with these publications, I have had the opportunity to work closely with some very talented photojournalists, expand my journalistic capabilities to include video and sound, and form connections with a variety of really fantastic people, which I hope to maintain and follow-up on if I have the opportunity to come back to Kosovo on a Fulbright in the future.

Below are the links to the written work that I have done while here:

Prishtina Insight

Brexit doesn’t affect EU enlargement, says Dutch ambassador to Kosovo

Prishtina Architecture Week kicks off

UN panel admits ‘total failure’ at holding Kosovo mission accountable for human rights violations

Protesters demand an end to killings of stray dogs in Kosovo

Staff Picks – Balkan Beach Reads

Kosovo 2.0

http://www.kosovotwopointzero.com/en/article/2178/responding-to-terror-the-reason-that-im-willing-to-take-my-chances