The Regional Trip

The trip was everything I thought it would be and more! The landscapes were amazing and each city was beautiful. I also enjoyed getting to know everyone in the group as well. Out of all the places we went Montenegro and Sarajevo were my favorites.

Montenegro because the first place we went to had a beautiful beach, and Kotor was an amazing city as well. And I went on the mountain climb at 4am. While I didn’t make it to the top the view was still amazing from halfway up. Here’s a picture:

Kotor at 4:30am

I like Sarajevo because of the history the city held. Our tour guide showed us everything we needed to see and told us all there was to tell. He was a funny guy too. Here’s an image I snapped there.

Being able to see the overall history of the Balkans up close and personal was something else. Erol and Sofija told us much about how the former Yugoslav countries view each other now, and how they teach their own history differently from one another. It was one thing to watch The Death of Yugoslavia, but so see the effects of the war first hand was very eye opening.