The Quality of Projection on Animals

Since arriving at RIT Kosovo from our week long regional trip, the unity of togetherness in shared awe and misery has been been broken in a way. People go to their respective classes, sit with those they are now comfortable with, and go about their day in a manner of rapt partitionality. There is however, a single unifying factor present at RIT Kosovo which I believe connects and fortifies everyone in a particular social understanding. That is, just how freaking cute that dog is! The amount of pure affection and doting projected onto the small fuzzy frame of the puppy tentatively know as Auk is simply astounding. It is in a sense, a universal property we all may understand, that fuzzy animals with cute noses and big shiny eyes must call for and promptly deserve our never ending love and complete devotion. It is a chance for us to project onto a living thing an absolute purity of soul. (Because all dogs as we know are the utter antithesis of everything wrong in the world.) I cannot clearly think of an instance where I looked upon this animal and did not feel within myself the sense of kindness and love I now wished to bestow upon it, a feeling usually accompanied by the noise “awwwwe”. I see it, and all animals in a way, as the vessel for everything good I wish to see in the world, a slate upon which to project these things. Or maybe I’m just full of it… in any case, here are some pictures of Auk booping my camera lens with his wet puppy nose.